Saturday, April 30, 2005

Back in town

Okay folks, I'm back in town after a week in Brittany: sailing, walking, etc. (weather permitting) and otherwise resting. That did a lot of good.

On the way back we stopped in Dol-de-Bretagne, a few miles from the Mont Saint-Michel but on the Brittany side of the Brittany-Normandy line. There's a cathedral there, which is a bit unusual for a town of 5,000 inhabitants - a rather interesting building, dating back from the XIIIth century but completely different from the major gothic cathedrals of Northern France. There's a picture of its nave on my French-speaking weblog; you'll see what I mean.


A stained glass window in the Saint-Samson cathedral of Dol-de-Bretagne.

Anyway, I'm back in paris, which means I'm back on DSL internet access. In other words, I'll be able to blog a lot more!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Very cool pic.

I wish I could travel like you do.

Le Plume said...

thanks - actually, the drive from there to Paris is only 4 hours. Well, 4 hours from there to the Boulevard périphérique, then more than one hour for the last five miles to hour parking lot...